Postgraduate Tenby Day Trip
• Sun 31 March 2019 09:00-20:00
Spend a day away from city life and visit one of South Wales' most famous seaside town. Tenby is a fantastic beach day out nestled in the heart of Pembrokeshire.
Boasting stunning beaches, a walled harbour, amusements and shops - this is the perfect trip to the sea! If you've just moved to Cardiff this is a day out not to be missed!
9am departure from the back of the Students' Union. You'll be picked up at 5pm and brought straight back to Cardiff Students' Union.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is fantastic value and includes all coach transport to and from Tenby. You're free to explore Tenby in your own time and at your own pace!
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
• Turn up at the back of the Students' Union (Senghenydd Road) at 08:45 for a 09:00 departure.
• Have your e-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after you purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
• Please be dressed appropriately for a cold and windy day outside.
• Picked up from Tenby at 5pm.
Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 9am and Tenby at 5pm. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return.
What do I need to bring?
Our visit to Tenby is very easy-going. The little seaside town is relatively small and easy to get around.
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to to us on your smart phone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
• Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. This being Wales, a coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
• Anything you want for the beach.
• Money for shops, fish & chips or ice cream!
• A rucksack
• A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food in one of the local pubs or restaurants.
Non Cardiff University Student Tickets
If you have some friends who want to come, but they aren't students, non-student tickets can be bought from this page too.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the trip is cancelled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. How do I redeem my ticket?
A. When you purchase a ticket you will receive an email receipt of your purchase. Though not a physical ticket, this is what we use for admission to our trips and is entirely valid.
Please do not worry if it turns out you are unable to locate your e-receipt on the day as our guides will have a list of everyone who has purchased a ticket for the trip.