Bath is the perfect city to host Christmas markets. This Is quintessential England, a city known for its Roman baths and Natural hot springs, which have been attracting high society for centuries.
This city is brought to life by the award-winning prestigious Christmas markets, which have been described by judges as “internationally attractive, setting standards for other Christmas markets”.
And it is not hard to see why! With over 150 rustic chalets, you’re bound to find that artisan gift for a special someone. From homemade jewellery, classy homeware and charming Christmas decorations the market brings together a classy and varied selection of local sellers.
But the experience is much more than that. The air is filled with the scent of Christmas from the street food vendors; treat yourself to some traditional British Christmas fayre as you explore – a warm mince pie washed down with a sweet, mulled wine is a must. And all around is the hustle and bustle of a busy market is the sound of the season – brass bands, choirs and children all sing your favourite carols, making this is enchanted Christmas you’ve been dreaming of.
We strongly suggest booking tickets to the Roman Bath in advance if you wish to visit.
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union in the morning, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis by the activities team and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email email@example.com with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.
Image Credit: Adam Court on Flickr