*Cancelled* Three Cliffs Bay
Students’ Union, Senghennydd Road • Sat 25 April 2020 09:00-19:00
This trip has been cancelled.
Meet at the back of the SU at 8:45 to arrive at 10:30. We will leave at the drop off point at 16:00 to arrive back at the SU at 19:00.
Give it a Go does Three Cliffs Bay! Join us for a Saturday afternoon along this beautiful welsh coast seascape! Sure to be a lovely day out.
9am departure from the back of the Students' Union.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket includes all coach transport to and from Three Cliffs Bay, together with the services of CUSU staff and student guides to keep you safe and keep you on track!
What do I need to bring?
This walk is designed to be fairly easy-going, the ground being fairly flat and not too grueling. That said we would always strongly advise that all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Walking boots / strong waterproof trainers
- A warm waterproof jacket or coat
- Plenty of warm layers
- A rucksack
- At least two bottles of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food in one of the local pubs.
Hats, scarf and gloves, and an extra mac are also quite useful to have in your backpack.
What's the Itinerary for the day?
The coaches will be leaving very strictly from the back of the Students' Union building at 9am. We're aiming to be back no later than 7pm.
It's designed to be a fairly easy-going day, with no particular rush and plenty of breaks to accommodate a variety of walking abilities.
- 9am Leave CUSU, Senghenydd Road
- 10.30am Arrive Three Cliffs Bay
We'll make our way when we're ready heading along the beach from the town of Oxwich along the beautifully scenic coast towards Three Cliffs Bay. After this, we’ll take a small detour to the ruins of Pennard Castle before making our way to Southgate and home!
- 4pm Leaving Three Cliffs Bay
- 7pm Arriving CUSU, Senghenydd Road
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is this a difficult walk?
A. No, our guide has classified this walk as being beginner - medium ability. The route is suitable for the vast majority students who are reasonably fit and able.
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the walk will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. We may explore alternative routes, or decide to shorten the walk if necessary, but cancellation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the walk if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopodise the safety of the participants.
Q. Are trainers okay for this walk?
A. Walking boots would be recommended for this walk. You may be able to get away with reasonable quality trainers, though we would always say walking boots would be the best option.
Q. I have very mild asthma and/or some allergies, should I mention that when I sign up?
A. Yes please.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancellations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is cancelled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.