Jurassic Coast Day Trip
• Sun 22 March 2020 09:00-19:30
Meet at the back of the SU at 8:45 to arrive at 12:00. We will leave at the drop off point at 16:30 to arrive back at the SU at 19:30, giving you 4 and a half hours to explore.
The Jurassic Coast is a literal walk through time! With rocks and fossils detailing Earth's past through formations and beaches you can learn a huge amount about the processes that shaped the Earth.
We will be going to the beautiful coastal town of Lulworth, home to picturesque views, fossils and plenty to do.
A coast full of fossils shows how life adapted and changed including ammonites, belemnites and other sea creatures.
Not into geology? No problem! The sights are stunning including the amazing Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove. Walking routes are available and we'll let you know a couple of good ones! The day out is suitable for a variety of people! You can even bring a picnic (and perhaps a few layers to keep warm too).
We will be leaving at 9am sharp from the back of the Students' Union
What do I need to bring?
This day trip is designed to be fairly easy-going, letting you explore the area in your own time and at your pace! That said we would always strongly advise that all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Weather appropriate clothing (bringing a waterproof coat in the British Isles is always a safe bet!)
- Sturdy shoes or trainers
- Back pack
- A camera to snap some selfies
- At least two bottles of water
- Some money for souvenirs and snacks
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food in one of the cafes.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the trip is cancelled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancellation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up