Stonehenge & Salisbury Day Trip
Students' Union, Senghennydd Road • Sat 19 October 2019 09:00-20:00
Ticket price includes entry to Stonehenge!
Shrouded in mystery, Stonehenge is one the UK's most recognizable and famous monuments. Whether you want to explore the stones themselves, learn about them in the museum or simply relax with a cup of tea, you'll have a wonderful day for just £25. In the afternoon we will also be visiting the city of Salisbury which is home to the tallest cathedral spire in the country.
The trip will run with a 9am departure from the back of the Student's Union. You will arrive in Stonehenge at 12pm, and then you'll be picked up from Stonehenge and shuttled into Salisbury at 2pm sharp and from Salisbury at 5pm and brought straight back to Cardiff Students' Union.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Stonehenge and Salisbury. You're free to explore both places in your own time and at your own pace.
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Turn up at the back of the Students' Union [Senghennydd Road] at 08:45 for a 09:00 departure.
- Have your E-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after you purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
- Please be dressed appropriately for a cool and windy day outside.
- You will be shuttled into Salisbury from Stonehenge at 2pm sharp - be early!
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving Salisbury, at the drop off point, at 17:00 exactly.
Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 09:00 and Salisbury at 17:00. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Cardiff.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to us on your smart phone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.