Cardiff University Student Life Fun Run
Start line: Cardiff City Hall • Sat 30 September 2017 12:15-13:30
Route: 2 laps around the Cardiff Civic Centre, starting outside Cardiff City Hall
Get yourself, your friends and housemates involved in the Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon race weekend by signing up to the Cardiff University Student Life Fun Run.
Cardiff University students, staff and alumni can walk, jog, skip, run and have fun on the 2.4km route around Cardiff’s Civic Centre, Alexandra Gardens and North Road that is perfectly suited to all abilities. There’s no pressure to record fast times or even run all the way round, dig out your best fancy dress, drag along friends and enjoy the experience. There’ll be plenty to keep you going with a vibrant atmosphere and loads of support from the crowd, you’ll be round the course in no time.
What’s included in your registration fee*
- Event pack including information booklet and running number
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Commemorative medal
- Helpful student wellbeing advice
- Access to the event facilities, including toilets
- Opportunity to win a VIP package at the Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday 1 October
The first male and female finishers will win a VIP package at the Cardiff University/ Cardiff Half Marathon on Sunday 1 October, which includes:
- The opportunity to hold the tape at the finish line for the Half Marathon elite runners. This is a prestigious role, as you will feature in all the photos, film footage and live broadcast of the race
- Access to the VIP grandstand at the finish line, a prime viewing spot where you can cheer the thousands of runners home
- Access to the VIP reception at the Temple of Peace, with refreshments and the chance to mingle with the great and the good
Register to be a part of this event and Cardiff University’s healthy student community!
Your race pack along with your limited edition t-shirt will be available for collection on the day from the Cardiff University Marquee outside City Hall from 10:00.
Connect with the Fun Run team
Once you’ve registered, leading up to, during and after the fun run the team would love to hear from you, so connect with them on twitter @studentlifecu and facebook.com/studentlifecu to let them know how you are getting on. They will also be sharing useful student tips and hints in the build-up and beyond.
Registration fee: £5
For 2017, Cardiff University would like to donate 100% of your registration fee to our research into cancer, neuroscience and mental health.
Did you know Cardiff University is a registered charity? Donations to Cardiff University are crucial in helping to nurture knowledge and talent and to educate for the benefit of all. Contributions of all sizes help talented students to thrive, and make life-changing research possible. Every gift makes a lasting impact on our teaching, learning and world-leading research. By supporting Cardiff University, you are helping to save, change and enrich lives in Wales and beyond.
If you do not want your £5 registration fee to go towards Cardiff University research in cancer, neuroscience and mental health please indicate via the tickbox on the registration form. Your £5 registration fee will be directed towards the administrative costs of organising this race.
SIGN UP FOR THE STUDENT LIFE FUN RUN