Rhossili Beach Day Trip
Students' Union, Park Place • Sat 28 September 2019 09:00-20:00
We're going to the beach and you're invited! Join the Give it a Go Students' Union team for a day long trip to one of the most spectacular beaches in the world! It's sure to be a fantastic day out for you and your new flatmates and a great way to start the new term in Wales! There just can't be a better way to spend your Saturday than in the stunning Welsh gateaway destination of Rhossili.
Pack your bags, bring your bucket and spade, make a picnic and make sure you are in the mood for a great day!
What should we expect in Rhossili Bay?
Rhossili Bay is the premier beach destination of the Gower peninsular, the UK's first designated area of outstanding natural beauty - and it's not hard to see why. The beach itself has been held as the 3rd best beach in Europe and 9th best in the world! Quite an accolade when you think that the competition includes Australia, Bermuda and Brazil.
You will find 3 miles of sandy shore, encompassing one of Gower’s most famous landmarks, Worms Head; watersports and in particular surfing, benefit from the Atlantic swell, whilst sand-castle builders benefit from the fine golden sand. The views are incomparable and are best enjoyed from one of the many walking routes, which feature the beach, Worm’s Head and the cliffs, you may even see some basking seals or dolphins playing in the surf. And of course, Rhossili Bay is part of the Gower Coast Path which we'll be using for the majority of this walk!
You will be picked up from the Union and dropped off at the beach so you have nothing to do apart from have fun!
What's included with my ticket?
Your online ticket includes all coach transport to and from Rhossili Bay with CUSU staff and student guides. Simples.
We recommend you bring money to get lunch in Rhossili or even better, a picnic!
What do I need to bring?
This trip is designed to be an amazing fun day out, suitable for everyone. Hopefully the weather will be nice. That said it is Wales #Raincoat. We would always strongly advise that all beach goers be prepared and bring the following:
- A warm waterproof jacket or coat
- Plenty of warm layers
- A Towel / picnic blanket
- Some bottles of water
- A picnic
- A frisbee or some games equipment
- A bucket and spade (obviouisly)
If you're a pro beach-goer you can bring a windbreak, wetsuit etc... but that's up to you!
What's the Itinerary for the day?
The coaches will be leaving very strictly from the front of the Students' Union building at 9am. We're aiming to be back no later than 8pm.
It's designed to be a fairly easy going day, with no particular rush.
- 9am Leave CUSU, Cardiff City Centre
- 11.30am Arrive Rhossili, Gower
You'll get four hours to spend as you wish on the beach or in the little cliffside village of Rhossili and then we'll bus you all back!
- 5pm Leaving Rhossili, Gower
- 8pm Arriving CUSU, Cardiff City Centre
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancellations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is canclled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopodise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancellation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of persipitation, wind or unpleasent weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instrictions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibily can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the walk will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. We may explore alternative routes, or decide to shorten the walk if necessary, but cancellation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the walk if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopodise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up.