Artis Community is a community arts charity that provides high quality art experiences that are driven by social outcomes. We...
This opportunity takes place from 11 Mar 2019.
If you like working with people this is for you! Tasks will include working alongside other Volunteer Managers, supporting and motivating volunteers with their work, offering advice to volunteers face-to-face or via email and providing induction sessions to new volunteers.
Objective(s) of role
- Monitor, support and motivate volunteers and their work
- To act as a point of contact for volunteers
Tasks and Activities
- Offer advice and information to volunteers through face-to-face,
telephone and email contact
- Organise rotas and provide inductions and training
- Arrange group meetings as needed to bring volunteers together
- Monitor and evaluate volunteer activity and report to Artis Team
- Work within agreed parameters of confidentiality
Skills and Experience Needed
- A professional and friendly manner
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- Positive attitude, with good multitasking and organisational ability
- An understanding of community arts and passion for having a positive social impact in our communities (training can be provided)
Benefits to self
Volunteering is sociable and a great way to meet new people. You will meet like-minded people and can share your ideas and thoughts with others. As a volunteer you will have training, mentoring and support in whichever role you would like to do.
Benefits to others
You can make an amazing difference at Artis Community to support people in your local community. You’ll be able to give something back to your local community and help people make positive changes in their lives.
An induction training session is where you are told about the organisation and its policies. This will cover an overview of Artis Community, an introduction to staff, volunteer responsibilities and what to do if you have a problem. There will be opportunity for further training, depending on what role you go into.
- VolunteeringRegular Volunteering