Artis Community is a community arts charity that provides high quality art experiences that are driven by social outcomes. We...
Volunteer - workshop support
This opportunity takes place from 11 Mar 2019.
Objective(s) of role
- To support workshop leaders to deliver successful sessions
Tasks and Activities
- Take register
- To guide and support participants through session
- Support workshop leaders with other tasks as needed
- Work within agreed parameters of confidentiality
Skills and Experience you will gain
- Positive attitude, with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Experience of working with and an awareness of the needs of
- Excellent interpersonal skills
A full list of the workshops you can volunteer at can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/artis-community/were-looking-for-volunteers/2154994564522454/
If you require a DBS check we can arrange this on your behalf.
Benefits to self
Volunteering is sociable and a great way to meet new people. You will meet like-minded people and can share your ideas and thoughts with others. As a volunteer you will have training, mentoring and support in whichever role you would like to do.
Benefits to others
You can make an amazing difference at Artis Community to support people in your local community. You’ll be able to give something back to your local community and help people make positive changes in their lives.
An induction training session is where you are told about the organisation and its policies. This will cover an overview of Artis Community, an introduction to staff, volunteer responsibilities and what to do if you have a problem. There will be opportunity for further training, depending on what role you go into.
- VolunteeringOne-off Opportunity, Regular Volunteering