Cardiff Box Office Terms and Conditions
Tickets are issued subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. Cardiff Box Office sells tickets on behalf of promoters, producers, performers and venues. The tickets you purchase remain the property of the promoter/Cardiff Box Office.
2. Tickets purchased from Cardiff Box Office may be subject to a per ticket booking fee and additional postage fee.
3. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number without prior notice.
4. Tickets will be posted to the address provided at time of purchase. We will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
5. We aim to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to specify an exact date of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived within five days of the event, please contact us.
6. It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
7. Tickets are sold subject to the Promoters right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. At the request of the promoter a partial or full refund can be issued to the purchaser if an event is cancelled or substantially changed from the advertised description. Only face value will be refunded. Booking fees and postage are non-refundable.
9. Please check your tickets carefully upon receipt via post or email and contact us immediately if there is a mistake, as tickets cannot be refunded after their purchase, unless the event is cancelled or re-scheduled. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any re-arranged event.
10. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders once we have received the relevant authorisation from the promoter. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
11. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
12. There is no readmission of any kind.
13. Cardiff Box Office accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
14. Breach of any of these terms and conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall result in ejection from the venue.
Cardiff Box Office Ticketing Policy
Tickets are issued subject to the following terms and conditions.
1) We are a 14+ venue; no one under the age of 14 will be permitted at any of licenced premises, even if accompanied by a ticket holding adult over the age of 18.
2) All bags and backpacks will be searched upon entry, if you have entered with a backpack, this needs to be placed in the cloakroom – there is a charge for the cloakroom.
3) Strictly no food or drinks of any kind will be allowed in to the venue If food or drinks are on your person when entering they will be discarded during the security check. If there is a medical reason as to why you would need to bring food or drink to a show, you will need to contact the venue beforehand to state your case, please email: SUevents@cardiff.ac.uk
4) As a venue we hold the right to refuse entry or service to anyone who;
a. Refuses to be searched
b. Cannot produce valid source of ID (Passport or Driving licence)
c. Appear to be intoxicated
d. Are aggressive or act inappropriately towards any staff or another customer
e. Could be a risk of safety, annoyance or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or running of the production/concert
f. Carrying a prohibited or restrict item on their person, these include;
i. Alcohol, Drugs or other illegal substances
ii. Anything to be perceived or interpreted as weapon of any kind that could fall under; Firearm, knife/blade, spray or projectile.
iii. Laser pens
5) Smoking in the venue is strictly prohibited. Cardiff University Students’ Union reserve the right, without refund to eject a person caught smoking in the venue(s).
6) The venue is not responsible for loss, injury or damage to a customer’s personal property or possessions. Anything that is found or handed in to us will be kept; ask a member of security or ring up the venue the next day to check.
7) You may be ejected from the venue if you do not listen or comply to instructions given by a member of venue staff, security, steward or anyone acting on behalf of the venue.
8) There is no re-admission or re-entry into the venue; if you choose to leave, you will not be allowed back unless you purchased another ticket - if tickets are still available, or unless approved by venue management.
9) No professional cameras, video recorders or any form of Audio-Visual equipment to be brought in to the Venue, unless you have written proof of permission, authorised accreditation and is confirmed by both Duty Manager and touring party.
a. This also includes ‘selfie sticks’ and Go Pro cameras.
10) ID is required to purchase alcohol from any of our bars. If you look under 25 you will be asked to prove your age; please do not be offended or embarrassed by this. We only accept the following forms of ID:
ii. UK Driving Licence
b. As a venue these are the only recognised forms of ID which need to be date valid and not damaged or ‘doctored’, if you produce any other kind of ID, we will respectively decline. This is our policy as a venue.
11) Upon entering any of our venues you consent to being recorded and/or filmed. The recording and/or film can be used for marketing purposes or exploited in any and all media throughout the world or any part.
12) No animals are allowed on site, except for guide dogs, assistant or emotional support animals. Although out of respect for the animal we request that you apply for a balcony access ticket as the event floor is not suitable for them. Please advise when purchasing a ticket using our booking form:here
13) Please be warned that repeated and prolonged exposure to amplified sounds may cause permanent damage; ask our bar staff for ear plugs if you do not carry your own.
14) Some performances, gigs and concerts in our venues may use strobe lighting and smoke effects; please be aware.
15) If you have any questions, problems or issues at the event that you are attending, please notify either a member of staff, security or duty manager promptly; if left to a later date or time to report an incident, we might not be able to collect all necessary and relevant information from personnel who were present at the event and maybe considered to be a witness.
16) Please bring cash to purchase merchandise just in case; as we can’t guarantee that that the touring party have card machines readily available.
17) If you require an Accessible booking place (reserved balcony place), you need to first book a ticket for yourself, please complete our online form here
a. IMPORTANT TO READ AND UNDERSTAND FOR ALL SHOWS IN CUSU:
i. Our balconies have limited spaces available – once they are full there is no guarantee that you will have a space; it is something that can be reviewed on the night of the show if someone doesn’t turn up.
ii. It is based on ‘First come, first served’ basis
iii. Due to venue health & safety, and building evacuation policy all wheelchair users need to be booked on the balcony and are not allowed on the venue floor. (To ensure the safety of both the wheelchair user, and other guests in case of an emergency evacuation or other mass egress).
iv. All Accessible bookings are entitled to a free carer ticket if needed.