If you started your undergraduate course after 1 September 2012 and will be undertaking a placement year in the UK in 2017/2018 academic year, you may qualify for student funding.
If you started your course before September 2012 and want advice on funding a UK placement, please contact the Advice & Money Team.
Help with tuition fees.
Information on tuition fee amounts can be found on the tuition fees pages.
Paid or unpaid placements
The funding available depends on whether your UK placement is paid or considered Unpaid Service. Means-tested support is only available to those who's placement is considered Unpaid Service placements, which include;
- Research in an educational institution in the UK or
- In a Local Authority or Voluntary organisation in the UK working within health, welfare or care of children and young people or
- In a Hospital / Public Health laboratory or Primary Care Trust in the UK or
- In a Prison or Probation and aftercare service in the UK or
- Strategic Health Authority/Local Health Board/Special Health Board/Health and Social Services Board or
- At the Houses of Parliament
If your placement is unpaid but does not fall within the Unpaid Service category, you will be eligible for the non-means tested Maintenance Loan.
For more information please click here.
Year abroad funding
If you started your undergraduate course after 1 September 2012 and will be undertaking a study year or a placement year abroad, you may qualify for student funding.
Funding for this is available for a full or part year abroad. To find out more information about this, please click here.