List of Residences

When moving into University residences, it is important to look at which ones you think will best suit you and which ones you can afford. Each halls or residence will be located somewhere different, will cost different amounts and will offer different standards. Location is key with study and you want to be somewhere that'll enable you to go to and from your lectures easily. Another thing you may want to consider is noise. Some university halls are specifically for those students who are looking to have a quieter time when living in residences. Make sure you look into this.

Type of Residence (for 2016/17)



Average Weekly fee


Catered: - shared bathroom





Part-catered: - ensuite





         Part-catered: - shared bathroom





Self-catered: - ensuite





Self-catered: - shared bathroom




Please see below a list of the residences Cardiff University has to offer:

Aberconway Hall

Aberdare Hall

Cartwright Court

Colum Hall

Gordon Hall

Hodge Hall

Liberty Cambrian Point

Liberty House

Roy Jenkins Hall

Senghennydd Court

Senghennydd Hall

Student Houses (Colum Road/Place)

Student Houses (Village)

Talybont Court

Talybont Gate

Talybont North

Talybont South

Union State (formerly Victoria Hall)

University Hall