Living in Someone's Home

You might wish to live in someone's home. If the landlord lives in the property with you, this generally makes you a 'lodger' rather than a 'tenant'.

Your rights as a lodger are very different to that of a tenant. This can be a more flexible arrangement and a good option if you are looking for accommodation for 6 months or less.

There can be less legal protection for tenants though, so speak to Student Advice before making a decision or signing an agreement.

Further information can be found here