Here at Cardiff University Yoga Society we're dedicated to providing great value yoga. We do this by charging a one-off fee to join and no extra for attending classes. It will cost you £50 to join our society but this entitles you to at least 1 class per week for the entire university year. We are hoping to release some half-year memberships for £25 mid/end of January (keep an eye on the facebook group for when this will be). This means that classes are around £2.50 per session meaning its great value and the cheapest yoga in the whole of Cardiff!
Our summer timetable classes are as follows (the room location can change weekly, so check on the sign up):
6-7pm Vinyasa Flow with Kalpana (SU)
6-7pm Yin Yoga with Kalpana (SU)
We welcome both beginners and experts.
As well as benefiting physically & mentally from regularly practising yoga, you can also expect to meet many friendly, like-minded people both in our classes & on our socials.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to post on our facebook group, or message individual committee members for a quicker response. Alternatively, we have a society email address 'YogaSociety@cardiff.ac.uk'.
We hold socials throughout the year which are often workshops with other yoga teachers. This is a great way to get to know other like-minded people. This February we will also be holding a retreat which will be a great weekend to make friends and immerse yourself in yoga!
The way we organise classes is through a signup system. Every Sunday at 8 pm our Secretary will put up each class on our SU homepage and you will have the option to sign up for a class
- We ask that you initially sign up to one class in order to give everyone a fair chance
- You can, however, go to another class in the week if on the day of the class there is still space (if there is still the option to sign up online then you know there is space)
- Naturally, a couple of people will drop out of a class last minute, so there is every chance you may be able to go to more than one class - but we ask you to follow this system so that it's fair and we do check to see if people sign up more than once initially
- Also, we ask everyone to make sure to cancel their sign up if they can no longer attend a class so that other people get the chance to take their space!
- You will need your own mat for the classes - these can be picked up very cheaply online and in local shops.
Please log in to view the committee.